To apply for admission to the MS in Data Science complete the application process which begins at the link below. Applicants must have completed a Baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university.
Academic Preparation - Required prerequisites include Introductory Statistics, Calculus 1 (differential calculus), beginner to intermediate programming experience (e.g. R, Python). Additional recommended preparation includes Linear Algebra, Partial Derivatives, Integral Calculus.
GRE scores are not required for admission to the MS in Data Science.
We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2022 semester. The application deadline is Friday, July 15th, 11:59 p.m. EST. Apply now to avoid last minute processing delays.
Applications will be evaluated upon receipt of all required documentation:
- A personal statement from the applicant addressing his/her reasons for applying and his/her plans for the future (uploaded).
- Current resume or CV (uploaded).
- Three Letters of Recommendation are required (electronically submitted).
- Unofficial transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate coursework (uploaded).
- Official college transcript(s) mailed to The Graduate School (see address below). Please note that official transcripts from students' previous educational experience at UConn are not required.
- Successful candidates normally meet the recommended 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- If you use the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), you must have a minimum overall score of 550 for the paper-based test or 79 for the internet-based test. For a list of other acceptable English proficiency indicators, please visit https://grad.uconn.edu/admissions/requirements/#englishtest.
- GREs are not required.
- When completing the online application form, under Intended Program, please select:
- Level of Study: Masters
- Academic Areas: Agriculture, Business, Education, Engineering, Health, Humanities, Natural Sciences or Social Sciences
- Program: Data Science MS
- Concentration: Select Concentration of Interest (select "None" for no concentration)
- Campus: Storrs
- Entry Term: Fall
- Residence Affidavit is not required.
- Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) on the application are required fields.
- A non-refundable $75 application fee.
- After you apply, are admitted, and accept an offer of admission, please send The Graduate School your Official Transcript(s) in one envelope to the address listed below. Or, if your school(s) offer an electronic transcript service email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University of Connecticut
Whetten Graduate Center
- The Graduate School
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
- University of Connecticut
Applications are evaluated as soon as the student’s file is complete.
If you have any questions on how to use the online application system, please contact The Graduate School at email@example.com or 860-486-3617.
STEM OPT Designated Programs
Learn more about Data Science STEM OPT Designated Programs.
Fall 2022: July 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM EDT.