The University of Connecticut’s (UConn) Master’s (MS) in Data Science - Cloud Computing concentration is a 30-credit on-campus (Storrs Campus) graduate degree focused on data science methods used within cloud computing-related fields. Consisting of 18 credits of UConn data science core courses paired with 9 credits of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) courses, the program culminates with a 3-credit capstone project. The capstone experience provides graduates an in-depth understanding of how to apply data science knowledge and techniques to the cloud computing challenges faced by many organizations.
The intensely expanding field of Cloud Computing naturally pairs with data science.
Today, many large and small companies have transitioned their data to cloud storage solutions and the need for talented data science professionals to analyze data is growing quickly. UConn Data Science Cloud Computing students gain practical skills concerning the tools and methodologies highly prized by solution oriented problem solvers. The capstone experience provides graduates an in-depth understanding of intersections between data science and cloud computing, and experience working with unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data.
- STAT 5405 Applied Statistics for Data Science (3 credits)
- STAT 5125 Statistical Computing for Data Science (3 credits)
- CSE 5819 Introduction to Machine Learning (3 credits)
- CSE 5713 Data Mining and Management (3 credits)
- OPIM 5501 Data Visualization and Communication (2 credits)
- EPSY 5641 Research Design and Measurement for Data Science (2 credits)
- ARE 5353 Data Ethics and Equity (2 credits)
Specialty Courses (choose 3 of the following)
- CSE 5299 Computer Networks and Data Communication (3 credits)
- CSE 5300 Advanced Computer Networks (3 credits)
- CSE 5304 High-Performance Parallel Computing (3 credits)
- CSE 5309 Networked Embedded Systems (3 credits)
- GRAD 5800 Applied Capstone in Data Science (3 credits)
Overall job growth - 10 years
25% Earn more than
professional, scientific and technical service top industry jobs
Fall 2022: July 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM EDT.
UConn’s Master’s in Data Science is an 11-month cohort based full-time in-person program and is eligible for F-1 and J-1 visa sponsorship. Courses are offered on the University of Connecticut’s Storrs, CT USA Campus. This program is eligible for the STEM OPT extension that affords certain F-1 graduate students an opportunity to apply for a 24-month extension of their post-completion optional practical training (OPT). The program does not offer graduate assistantships and scholarships at this time.